RTSFS provides a discussion forum and social outlet for like-minded Triangle-wide fans of speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, horror) in print, film and TV, as well as for related activities such as RPGs.
We're a group balanced between idealistic youngsters whose zest for life hasn't been squashed yet, and old pharts who'll beat you up with their canes. Some members are married, some are single; some have children, others have cats, dogs, cacti or fish. Members come from all parts of the Triangle: Wake Forest, Pittsboro, Garner, Chapel Hill/Carrboro, Durham, Raleigh, Cary, Apex, etc.
Please take our poll, and tell us where you're from and what your interests are -- thanks!
1. We'd like to keep the posts here public, for the most part, but if you're hosting a games night or something at your house and post an announcement here, complete with directions and phone number, that should obviously always be friends-locked for safety reasons.
2. No comment screening or deleting comments.
3. We'd like to see discussions stay reasonably on-topic, but we're not going to be the "topic police." Just please keep the memes and quizzes to a minimum. If we start getting overrun by spam, we can make the comm friends-only, but for now we'd rather not.
4. That said, trolls will be roundly mocked, then summarily banned.
5. Cordial, even heated, discussion and disagreements are welcome. Flames and passive-aggressive whiny-ass bullshit are not.
6. If you are an author, artist, game designer, etc., and have a book/piece of art/comic/game/etc. that you think the group would like to hear about, please POST ABOUT IT ONCE AND ONCE ONLY. Thank you.
7. If you're posting about current shows or recently released books, please put spoilers behind an LJ-cut. What's a spoiler? A spoiler would be going up to all the people standing in line waiting to see The Empire Strikes Back and shouting, "Darth Vader is Luke's father!" That's a spoiler (it's also being an asshole, but that's beyond the scope of our lj comm).
8. If you have an interest that should be added to the list below, email the moderators.
9. If you're not on the RTSFS email list and want to sign up, you can do so here: